Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well. Here’s what’s on my mind today.
- Would you be surprised if I told you that during the month of May we got hit with a second round of colds. As a bonus, we (Charles, Amélie and I) even got lice. Urgh, it seems like we just can’t get a break!
- We’ve been super busy over the past month. My husband and father-in-law tore down the balcony and started building a new one. We built a sandbox (and by “we” I mean Mathieu, my husband). We also started prepping the yard to accommodate the boxes to plant our fruits and veggies for this Summer.
- Speaking of Summer, I really wish things could start warming up a bit. We’re almost in June and are still in pants and long sleeved shirt weather. Most mornings and, more often than not, during the day, we still need a light coat or hoodie when we’re outdoors. Brrrrrr.
- My recital is coming up in less than three weeks. EEEEK! I’m both nervous and excited!
- My husband and I were able to nab some alone time during the past month. The kids went to my in-laws’ so that we could go out to the dance practice for my sister’s upcoming wedding, my sister-in-law came to babysit the kiddos so that we could go out to Harry Potter in concert and we got an impromptu morning free of kids when our babysitter asked if she could borrow them for a school project. Win!
- We’ve started calling companies to get quotes for renovations to our house. This year, besides re-doing the balcony and making a ground-level terrace, we’re getting a heat pump installed and getting our driveway re-asphalted. It’s getting real!
- I’ve been going to bed way too late for the hour at which I’m getting up lately. I’m having a lot of trouble balancing the things I need to do and the things that I want to do.
- I watched the final season of Game of Thrones *sigh*. On the plus side, now that I have Crave, I finally started watching Star Trek Discovery. It’s definitely got a different beat than what I’m used to in the Star Trek series, but I’m definitely enjoying it.
- I’ve worn a hole through the pair of moccasins that I’ve had for four(?) years. I seriously have them on all the time when I’m in the house so it’s not really surprising.
- I’m looking for a new book to read. Ideally, something that I don’t need to concentrate too hard to understand lol. Does anyone have a suggestion? I mostly enjoy fantasy, thrillers and dystopias, but am open to pretty much anything as long as I can get through it easily in my sleep-deprived-concentration-addled state.
I hope you are having a great day! What’s on your mind today?