I was going to do a TTT today because I’ve been absent for the better part of the month, but they I realized that we were the 28th today and that my baby was now ten months old.
I mean, seriously! How did that happen?
A lot has been going on in the past month so I’m super excited to share how he’s doing!
- He is able to get into a seated position by himself from his tummy.
- Baby boy is CRAWLING! Yaaaaas! It took him a long while to figure out how to coordinate everything, but he’s been actually crawling for five days now!
- He has started pulling up from all fours to his knees.
- He absolutely loves soup. His favourite fruits are berries and bananas. As far as veggies go, he loves anything that is roasted, but has a preference for sweeter vegetables like squash, carrots and sweet potatoes.
- He still struggles with bringing his sippy cup to his mouth and when he gets a bottle, he prefers drinking it seated at his high chair rather than lying down.
- He is still nursing four times during the day (upon waking up, before lunch, after his afternoon nap and before bedtime). He sometimes wakes at night too (upon which time I nurse him).
- He’s loves to smile and laugh.
- He has figured out that screaming will attract attention.
- He has no interest in clapping his hands, but finds it amusing when we clap. He’s able to wave though and give high fives.
- He produces a lot of vowel sounds and has started putting together consonants and vowels (mostly “ga” and “vla”)
- The separation anxiety has gotten better, though he still cries occasionally when I leave the room – especially when he’s tired.
- We’re still at two naps, but the first one has gotten significantly shorter. He typically sleeps about 30-45 minutes in the morning and then a solid 2h in the afternoon.
- Most nights are good and he’ll sleep from 7:15 to anywhere between 5:15 and 6:30 the next morning.
- He measures 73.5cm (about 29 inches) which represents a gain of 24.5cm (9.6 inches) since birth.
- He weighs 9.7kg (about 21 pounds) which represents a gain of almost 5.9kg (13 pounds).
Isn’t it crazy how much they grow in so little time!?
So, there you have it! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!